What am I loving this week? Glad you asked! Here’s a quick list of what I’m loving and what’s making me happy this week:
Pen and ink info:
Title: TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub with Diamine Autumn Oak
1. Cross ATX Medium Nib with Iroshizuku Yama-budo
2. Lamy Al-Star Medium Nib with J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor
3. Pelikan M200 Medium Nib with Caran d’Ache Infinite Grey
4. Lamy Vista Medium Nib with Platinum Carbon Black
1. Ra Ra Riot – I’ve been a fan of the band Ra Ra Riot for over 10 years now. The first time I saw them was in 2007 at the Monolith Music Festival. I just saw on Spotify that they released a 10th Anniversary Edition of their album The Rhumb Line, so I’ve been listening to that (and their other albums) quite a bit lately.
2. Getting Organized – I was kind of a slacker for the first week of 2019, but this week I’m making up for it by getting things organized for the new year. Most notably, I started a new daily planner! It’s actually a hand-bound journal that I made at a workshop, but I tend to prefer using a blank notebook for daily planning rather than something pre-printed.
3. The Magicians – My wife and I just started watching Season 3 of this series and are loving it so far. I read and enjoyed the books, and this storyline is definitely a departure from them, but it’s still a great watch! If you’re interested, it’s on Netflix.
4. Wedding Photography – This weekend I’ll photograph my first of many 2019 weddings! If you didn’t already know, I’m a wedding photographer in Denver.
The idea for this series of posts was inspired by a segment called “What’s making us happy this week” in one of my wife’s favorite podcasts, Pop Culture Happy Hour. I figured it would be a good exercise to sit down and think about what I’m loving every week. It’s also a great excuse to sit down and use a fountain pen to write a list!
Hi, my name is John. I’m a Colorado-born professional photographer who recently moved back to Denver after spending 3 years in San Francisco. I’ve been using and collecting fountain pens for over 20 years. I got my first one in college when I got bored taking notes with ballpoints and pencils. Since then I’ve bought and sold hundreds of pens, but have consistency in my love of Esterbrooks.