Here’s a quick roundup of new giveaways, deals, reads, images and a bit of what I’m loving for the week of March 11, 2019.
– @Allthhobbies 2K Giveaway on Instagram: A great chance to win a pen, ink, pen sleeve and notebook!
– Half-year Berlin Notebook subscription: I reviewed these notebooks a while back. Here’s the post if you want more info.
– Colorverse Ink and Opus 88 pen – This giveaway requires you to jump through quite a few hoops, but if you don’t mind that it’s a really good one!
All pricing was accurate at the time of this post, but may have changed, so be sure to check the price before purchasing. As always, only purchase items from trusted sellers.
– Parker Sonnet with 18k Fine nib – 33% off
– Parker Jotter fountain pen with Medium nib – 43% off
– While not really a deal, the latest Hippo Noto Kickstarter campaign kicked off this week. This is your chance to pick up one of the new sizes at a slightly discounted price. Note that they don’t ship until at least October.
Interesting Reads and Images
– Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, Mountain of Ink has a post comparing lots of green inks.
– You know I’m a fan of Esterbrooks, so I was excited to read this review of the Esterbrook Phaeton.
– Mountain of Ink has a great review of an ink that I’m rather fond of, Rohrer and Klingner Alt-Goldgrun
– Interested in seeing a pen that you don’t see very often? Check out this Yard-o-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian review.
What I’m Loving
– Fresh flowers – My wife bought some lilies the other day and they’ve opened, one by one, throughout the week. Not only are they beautiful to look at, but they also smell amazing!
– Pen pals – I’ve been receiving many letters over the past few weeks from incowrimo and have been writing one letter per evening in reply. It’s such a nice way to spend quality time with my pens!
– Rickshaw Bags – Mark, the amazing owner of Rickshaw, reached out to me and asked if he could create some pen sleeves and rolls with my doodles on them! He’s shipping them out next week, so keep an eye out for them on here and my Instagram feed!
Disclaimer: In case you’re wondering, this page (and the rest of this site) contains affiliate links. The little bit of money I earn from these is used to purchase new products for review and to occasionally give away. Thanks for reading and the support!
Hi, my name is John. I’m a Colorado-born professional photographer who recently moved back to Denver after spending 3 years in San Francisco. I’ve been using and collecting fountain pens for over 20 years. I got my first one in college when I got bored taking notes with ballpoints and pencils. Since then I’ve bought and sold hundreds of pens, but have consistency in my love of Esterbrooks.